Saturday, May 02, 2009

so, I'm reactive to anti-HBs, the antibody for fighting hepa B. this means:

2014 - Labing apat, walang katapat!

ugh...

still not feeling med school.

Especially upcm with transes, batch activities, new people, many new people, weekly exams, long lectures, crappy chairs, 1st year med involving anatomy & physiology & biochemistry (three subjects I don't want to face yet). Thinking about the last makes me want to puke and drop out. It's not that I'm not capable, I just don't want to learn yet.

I recently realized one should do something not just as means to achieving a goal but as an end or goal in itself. In other words, one should value the journey and the destination. The only reason right now for med school is that stupid policy in DOH and other health agencies that one must have an MD to reach the highest positions. And one must have an MD in order for people to listen and believe in you. And in order to help change that I must be one of those insiders. Hopefully, my ph friends will help destroy that from the outside. Thus I'm treating med school merely as a means and not an end. I must find that WANT for an MD; that reason for suffering through med school.

No comments: