Tuesday, May 26, 2009

AHAHAHA. WIN! WIN! WIN!

But there are still effing stupid points...
"Morales said the losses should the DOF implement a zero tariff is just a “drop in the bucket” compared to the P277-billion revenue target of the bureau for the year."

"Finance Secretary Margarito Teves issued DO 17-09 in response to complaints on book importation due to the alleged failure of importers to present the required documents that would allow them to import books duty-free."

These sound contrary to earlier reports about how Customs and the DoF are trying all means to achieve a seemingly unachievable tax returns goal for this year.

ok. whatever. Trying to save face, that's what I think.
----
First of all, YEHEY! Finally! After this issue being ignored by media. That sex video hullabaloo has been the headlines for days and even draw the ire of the Senate while the book blockade has barely caused a raised eyebrow. Just shows how twisted the priorities of Filipinos are.
Scandal >> Breach of laws and an international treaty.
Excitement >> Improvement

That joke by Baldwin seem to have generated more attention. Of course, the revisit should have put at least a temporary hold on the policy but no news about that. And doesn't MalacaƱang already know of the policy before? They were probably blinded by the money it will generate and forgot that by incurring that tax they face the wrath of the book reading public, who incidentally are also very computer literate and very vocal when their remaining pleasures in life are being threatened. Too bad, we aren't as active as some social groups or there had been a protest already in front of the DoF.

Anyway. I'm hoping that "revisit" is changed soon to revoked or removed. And that Sales with her team will be publicly punished by rewriting the Florence agreement and all its related national laws on a blackboard a hundred times or being bashed by paperback (hardbound copies might be too inhuman) copies of Twilight or endure that classic Filipino punishment, kneel on salt while balancing encyclopedias or hardbound books of comparable weight. The last one would be fun to watch.

----
I had another vivid dream. I usually get these kinds of dreams when I'm under extreme stress. Hm... that explains the pimples. Anyway...

I dreamt of going to a meet-up with friends, I forgot if it were college or high school friends. This place seems to be a fort of some kind and had to be defended. Soon enough, a battle happened involving guns, bombs and flying daggers. I think ninjas came into play at one point. It was very gory and near the end of the dream, the "enemy" was near to capturing the fort. Some enemies have already infiltrated it and soldiers were already dying.

Meanwhile, I got bored and grossed out so I decided to ask a friend if she wanted to go home. She did so I checked out if the road we used to get there was safe. It wasn't. I was weirdly calm and not fearing for my life. I never felt the sense of being in danger despite being surround by death and destruction. So we stayed and I saw a pregnant woman who was busy shooting people get her belly cut. I saw her intestines fell off and what seems to be a sac full of fluid. A bit later the conflict ended and we lined up outside to get a ride to home. I thought to myself while in line, I'm never returning to this place.

Weird. According to those web dream interpretation things, I'm experiencing some deep internal conflict which I should try to resolve or an issue that has been eating me up for some time now.

Strangely true and on target that interpretation is.

No comments: