Thursday, January 29, 2009

air freshener
Spent the whole day in the Immunopathology section of the PGH Central Laboratory. We just stood around and watched med techs do their stuff.

Seriously, there was so much nothing to do that we jumped at the chance to type lab records on the computer.

Then again, it was HIV day so we were able to watch the med tech do all the tests that the section offers. And, the people were very nice. I wonder how they'll be treating the 11th group that will be staying there. They'll be so tired of explaining their set-up over and over again.

I hope we'll be able to do something in the other sections.

---
I just found out a smoking area INSIDE the PGH. It's in the CR/locker room for the personnel of the Central Lab. So much for trying to gain their ISO. Really, why? I think it's common knowledge among lab workers (including the administrative staff and higher-ups) yet they aren't doing anything. This is based from the lack of reaction from the section head when I told her what I saw. They smoke so much the smell stuck on my scrubs even though I just passed by them.

Smoking INSIDE effing PGH! Screw your ISO dreams if this continues.

---
Yesterday was fun though. I had fun shouting "Picture!", watching people take their poses (with a very strong Korean/Japanese influence) and waiting for them to realize that I wasn't going to take the picture. I have a very weird and twisted sense of humor.

No comments: