Monday, January 26, 2009

I hate this. Unfair. The other groups received feedback regarding their theses and how they wrote it. We didn't and now we have a graded thesis with a MISTAKE on it. It was a really obvious mistake but what hurts more is that the committee didn't even point it out to us during the open forum. Granted we could have done a better job writing that part but it is also the committee's job to point out our mistakes. We even submitted a not to be graded version of our paper, a scientific poster and even presented it yet these mistakes went unnoticed by all. Really? Why? It's on the freakin' abstract for crap's sake!

The mistakes of the other groups were pointed out. Mistakes that could have led to the demise of their theses and these were pointed out and subsequently corrected. Now they didn't receive any deductions in their grades. I'm being GC but it is still unfair. We are undergraduate students writing research papers for the first time. We needed guidance and you didn't give us any when we expected it. My suspicion that nobody among the committee managed to read our paper thoroughly is true.

---
To be clear, I agree with the comments and understand that it will make our thesis better but from a GC student POV, it really sucks. Maybe I should brace myself for more comments from the other members tomorrow. And if we were just being caught in a political play occurring in the college, argh!

---
My dad's becoming stupider. Or may more stubborn. Or both. I really should be over the hating the parents thing but he's really pushing it. One thing is that they tell me to plan our vacation to Japan and when I demand certain stuff they won't give it to me because they think it's illegal. uh... hello? anybody there? And he believes that eating this weird salt solution will lower his blood pressure. Salt. Sodium. Lower blood pressure? He also doesn't believe when I tell him that ingesting two tablespoons of oil (regardless of plant source) is bad and will make him gain weight. Hahaha! Good thing I have my mother to call unto to help me fight his belief in quackery. I blame you Jaime Galvez Tan!

---
Some old photos revisited...
black canvas
newspaper
I'm liking the colors and movement in these two. I guess I should thank the poor lighting conditions.

No comments: