Thursday, January 01, 2009

It's the New Year and I spent most of the day on the PC doing checking and editing work. Way to start a year...

I'm on the verge of finishing encoding. I just need to encode three more sheets. Three out of the 100 we had(I encoded 19, scored ~30, checked 21 and collected ~50). Why I'm procrastinating? I don't know. I think it's the finality and fear of having actual data. And I'm having doubts about the quality of our data... no wait no... my issue is how the heck we are supposed to analyze the data. Some of the data basically shoves the interpretation into our faces but some are messed up. I also think that we should interview some more people next week; three would probably enough. I should be thankful that our data is for descriptive purposes (with some qualitative data that would be used to come up with testable hypotheses) because it would be hell if these were for analytical ones .

Though, I realized half-way through the collection that we could have done an analytical study, a case-control to be more definite. Maybe we could recommend it, I would also love to work on it. I even have a rough methodology thought up. If our professor pushes through with his plan(possibly an analytic study building from our data) I'll definitely volunteer to join the team even if it involves collecting data during the summer months.

I'm possibly talking gibberish to many people out there.

No comments: