Monday, February 25, 2008

I just saw the movie, Pisay(I didn't study there in case anybody is wondering). It was good but not great. It succeeded in capturing some of the essence of high school life(I laughed so hard at the Noli-Fili sequence) and it offers a new take on the Martial Law Era and the important events included in it. The plot got slightly weird near the end and some events jumped to the resolution(needless to say, most of the endings were happy ones) without much elaboration. My main beef is the killing off of one character. It was so clumsily handled and happened so abruptly; the end became a bit too cheesy. Sure two scenes hinted at it but those weren't enough. Still, it's nice to watch and I love how Eugene Domingo acted in this movie.

----
A character based on Fanny Garcia is in Pisay. Of course it was not her because a romantic relationship was hinted that I believe was totally non-existent since she was still happily married during that time. I think she already had her son during that period and if marriage problems are present, she probably still devotes much of her time on her son and not so much on romantic interests.

----
Many rallies today. *sigh* I still don't know which side to join. I know as a citizen of this country I should choose one and stick with it until evidence shows I'm obviously wrong. I have other things to worry about which are much closer to my heart than this mess. I know... I know... I should prioritize this as this'll affect me and my future but it is just so uh... messy. What I need is to sit in or read a good discussion of the issue(I wasn't able to follow much of the proceedings and speeches and whatnot; Jun Lozada's crying was too much for me) and why the heck should we oust pGMA based on this findings.

No comments: