Saturday, March 01, 2008

I've finally summoned up the cash and courage to purchase a new pair of glasses. I bought one in the Robinson's Ermita branch of Sarabia Opticals. It's around Php1800. A bit high compared to the prices offered in Quiapo but I do not want to go to Quiapo to search for glasses; I just don't have the time, energy and knowledge.

The grade of my eyes(I forgot the technical term) is still 50/50 not 25/25 and definitely not 100/50. I guess the 25/25 was due to the fact that I got my eyes refracted after our Unknown test in Microbiology which involved searching for a tiny tiny red thing in a sea of blue and white. The 100/50, I can't explain but I did have my eyes refracted after a class which involved a good bit of reading. Anyway, my plan still works; my parents still do not know a thing about my lost glasses.

I'll try to post a picture once I claim my new pair.

----
Hell week was moved due to the "Interfaith" rally yesterday. I did not participate and it is not because I completely disagree with their views. I don't know who they are fooling; the Roman Catholic(and its many sects and subgroups) faith is probably the only faith there. Why would you pray the Rosary in an interfaith rally? And what about us faithless? Still, the power of the Roman Catholic church and its followers is still a force to be reckoned with in this country. However, the effects of the rally on pGMA(who regularly attends mass and a very religious person) seem non-existent, at least in this issue(read: family planning).

No comments: