Sunday, February 03, 2008

I've been getting in trouble with "the rules" lately. Mostly resulting in confrontations with security guards. I know it's their job to ensure everyone's safety but they also have to use their brains and be practical or at the very least consistent.

The first involved a confrontation with the LRT guard. He was being stupid so I got angry at him. He was finished inspecting the bag of the passenger in front of the line and she was just packing her things up. A rare and empty train arrives so I decided to approach him with my OPEN bag to allow him to "inspect" it. Instead, he tells me to step back. Hello? Lumapit na nga ako eh! Eng-eng ka ba? And to add further insult, he said that there would be more trains. Yes, it is a train station but do you know how uncommon empty trains are during rush hour? Angrily, I've emptied my whole bag on the table and showed him the lack of dangerous objects inside my bag. Not contented, he told me to empty the smaller pocket of my bag. After the whole ordeal, I entered the boarding area.

After this incident, I've decided to one day wreck some havoc on them. Hopefully, this week but I've tons of exams and haven't made sure that my schemes would not result in a lifetime ban from using the LRT. Some of my plans:
1. After the inspection, I'll stand behind them and comment on their "great skills."
ex. "Wow! Ang galing naman ng stick na yan! Nakakakita!"
"Kuya, saan niyo nabili ang stick na yan? Ang galing mag-inspection eh!"
(Brings out my own stick) "Kuya, pwede pasubok?"

2. After an inspection, I'll stand behind the guards and bring out a survey form/check list and try to ask the passengers if they were satisfied with the "inspection." Or, write marks on the paper after every inspection.

3. In the case of really fast inspections(ie those that involve the stick entering the bag without the guard even looking inside), I'll say, "Ayusin mo nga ang trabaho mo!" or "Ang dami-daming bulsa ng bag ko, isa lang tinignan mo." Then, I'll stand behind him and act as a supervisor(with the occasional "tsk" and "ay, ang daming bulsang hindi nabuksan" and "ano kaya ang nasa loob noong plastic sa loob niyong bag?". I'll probably do this on a Friday.

4. Inside my bag, I'll place a smaller bag, which in turn contains an opaque plastic, which the contains tons of clothes and a small black box which would then contain nothing.

The other situation was initially my fault but the guard aggravated the situation by being a proud bastard. I too am a proud bastard and would not grovel and beg to be forgiven of my mistakes. I'd take the punishment and apologize but I'd not fall down on my knees and beg for forgiveness. The only thing I fear now is that there is a small chance that I'd not be able to graduate; then again, my offense is not a major offense and they didn't even confiscated my ID.

MAYBE, I should try being more patient, forgiving and less proud. Hah! I respect authority but if they start being irrational, I start rebelling against them.

No comments: