Thursday, April 23, 2009

blurry graduates

So our university graduation ceremony was this morning. I had to wake up real early (3:45 AM) because I move so slowly and need at least 1 hour to prepare. Note that most of that is spent just sitting on the couch and staring into blank space.

The ceremony was shorter that I had expected. It was fun seeing our professors in different garbs and we got jealous of the unique gowns of the professors with doctorate degrees excluding the MDs and DMDs.

I managed to bring my camera but the place was dark and I avoid using flash as much as possible so that.

The student commencement speech was ok, full of generic phrases and not fun. The speaker even spent a good amount of her time talking about her own degree program, I don't know what she's thinking. I expected a refreshing treatment of the theme but oh well. The delivery could also be improved, maybe a little bit of angst or persuasiveness rather than calm and pleading.

PH batch 2009 incomplete

Oh BSPH mates, I'll miss you all in med school but I'll probably still see a quarter of the people here because they'll probably work in CPH.

---
Yesterday was Earth Day. I went to CCP hoping to see something new and exciting.
people on stairs

I didn't though I had an exciting trip returning to UP. Because it rained HARD in the middle of effing SUMMER.

rainy glass

It rained so hard that the streets of Manila became flooded in ankle-deep water. The flood was similar to the flood during typhoons. WTF? And the horrible part was the jeepney driver kept making detours that I ended up in F*cking SM Manila instead of Faura. Really! The jeepney driver should announce changes in route because eff man, we don't have the same final destinations. It was a good thing I was wearing sandals because one of the worst things in life are wet socks.

No comments: