Sunday, April 19, 2009

japanese and windows
I hate this.

I'm writing my speech for our college graduation ceremonies (We have 2, one is for the university and one is for the college.). I want to tell my classmates my insights regarding public health. I want them to learn to love PH as much as I do. My assumption of course is that they do not love PH as much as I do which can be wrong. I have tons of paragraphs but no outline. I don't have a clear objective and my thesis statement sucks or non-existent.

Clearly, I have a problem.

So, PH. I would really like to explain why I love PH. Why I think we should all pursue careers in PH and not just medicine, no preventive medicine doesn't count. And I really would like to tell them that they shouldn't hate on several subjects we had taken. I really disagree with them especially with the philosophy class we had. They seem to have missed the point of the course and I would really like to tell it to them. It's rare that one gets an opportunity to speak to his batchmates and tell them what is on my mind. I also have to praise our batch for a job well done.

Aargh...

I really hate making speeches. I'm a scatterbrain and dislike using flowery words. Somehow my extensive reading of science fiction and fantasy is not helping. I would really like to use a quote or story that I have read to explain a point but sadly no story comes to mind. I've tried reviewing Dune and WoT quotes but I'll only end up talking about government and religion, two topics I really don't want to discuss.

And I sound like I'm making a lecture which is not good for who am I to lecture to my peers? Didn't I have the same experiences as them during college years? Well, a good number of experiences but not exactly the same, the philo class remember?

And speeches are supposed to have one single message and I'm still torn. I haven't decided on what I would like to convey. I really shouldn't sleep till I get a coherent speech started. I'm not putting this off for tomorrow. When will I edit if I finish this only tomorrow night?

No comments: