Wednesday, April 22, 2009

japan vacation recap 1

Day 1 of my vacation was spent riding airplanes. For a really close country, this sucks.
airport watch

gate
airplane

The first stop was in Taipei Internation airport. I got angry at my parents for rushing when clearly the plane we're supposed to ride has not yet arrived. I cooled off taking photos.
branch
one man

At least there are inflight albums and music to stave off the boredom in the plane.
back seat

We finally landed in Japan at around 9pm. The first thing I did was illegal take a picture of the immigration section of the airport. Good me!
red lines

After experiencing the strict Japanese immigration, we finally leave the airport. We were fetched by relatives and drove around for 3 more hours. I was tired and grumpy so no more pictures. My wish of experiencing tatami mats came true as we slept in a tatami room. Not a ryokan though, a house of a Filipino acquaintance.

No comments: