Sunday, October 12, 2008

Surprise! No pictures! Well... maybe later. I'm using my PC and the laptop is where the pics are at.

Thesis writing.

It is a really good thing that our thesis is a group effort. Right now, I'm lounging around and waiting for the output of my group mates. My main job is compiler and editor and our deadline is 5pm so I still have plenty of time before I have to go crazy.

I do have some writing jobs but I have done them and I really need to see what the others made so I could finish it. I fear for the Data Collection tool that I am not writing because I really don't want to edit that thing.

Minor rant: It sucks that so many journal articles are behind paywalls. I hate Elsevier and Blackwell Synergy and all so publishers who demand payment for things they just print and not write down. I hate that knowledge has a high cost and the money for payment do not even reach the researcher. I hate it that articles which we crave to include in our RRL are behind paywalls. If I ever become a full-time researcher I will never publish in those journals.

No comments: