Thursday, October 16, 2008



Hanging out with classmates outside your special studies group is really great. Because of one group, I learned about the amazing Google docs and Zotero.

Google docs allow me and other people to work on the same document at the same time. It can even be used as an online messenger. I really love it. The only downside is you have to be online to use it and the laptop I use at school seem to have issues with connecting to public WiFi.

Zotero is a cataloging tool. It makes researcher lives so much easier. It allows a researcher to create "bookmarks" of papers he read and at the same time creates the proper citation entry for it. It even comes with the option to change the format of citation which is really handy considering there are tons of formats out there. The only issue I have with it is it doesn't work with Opera, the browser in the laptop I use. And you can't transfer information from one computer to another because it is attached to the browser installed in the computer.

Unfortunately, I learned of these tools AFTER we finished writing the first draft of our proposal including the reference. But, I still transferred our docs to google docs and used zotero in order to clean up our reference section.

Now I need to go back to work. I still have this nasty 4 question exam. Three years in UP and I am not used to essay type exams anymore. *sweat*

No comments: