Sunday, June 28, 2009

Well, I don't go after religion but if I ever do this might be the best reason I would be able to muster.
"I go after religion because it represents a particularly nasty form of tribalism, a set of beliefs that distinguish some human beings that are in any meaningful way indistinguishable on the basis of what superstition they hold....It (religion) erects artificial barriers between people and then attacks those on the other side of the barrier. As a form of tribalism, religion is frequently deadly and can't be broken of its vicious habits." Freethinker Sunday Sermonette, Revere
Besides, my immediate social circle are devout but benign enough. And I value friendship over my personal beliefs unless of course those friends are starting to trample on someone else's freedom.

I always thought I'd meet more non-religious people in med, I guess I'm wrong or I'm just not looking hard enough.

No comments: