Saturday, June 13, 2009

I finished watching Daria. All 5 seasons and the 2 movies.
I finished watching Iryu. Both seasons.

I feel so empty inside.
Now what am I going to do?

---
The two things where I vent my creative frustrations have failed me. I feel so bored again. Photography has not be pleasing me and I feel to lazy to look for good things to shoot. Dancing is fun but I'm still not excited enough to create a new one minute dance routine. I do hope school would shake things up. I sorely need inspiration and motivation for creative pursuits.

---
I've stopped working on two side projects because I need feedback for the first one and data for the other one. I'm afraid the efforts for the first would be in vain if it is not approved first and the second, well, I just hate having to go through debates with just ideology on hand.

---
I finally realized what is wrong with those herbal quacks. Yes, quacks. They argue on the basis of ideology and never on the basis of practicality, much less truth. Imagine having to spend ten times the amount of conventional therapy in order to cure a disease and the only reason for spending that much money is not effectiveness rather because these products are all-natural, good for you or some other crap which makes my head hurt. Yesterday I heard a truly ignorant person saying that herbals are not chemicals. That they grow plants without chemicals. Right, water is not a chemical. So is oxygen and carbon dioxide. So is the urea which plants utilize. These people believe that there is that extra something in naturally made compounds that gives them an advantage over synthesized compounds despite both having the same structure, electron configuration, existing within the same universe.

DOH and BFAD should really put a stop to this. That same person also do not want his herbal supplements become medicines as this would then need the approval of doctors to be used. He says this even though he promotes this product as a CURE for diseases, yes not just one but all diseases. Uh huh. And it will also mean that you have to conduct clinical trials to prove their safety and then their efficacy. You really don't want that given that your product probably doesn't work and contains carageenan-coated compost.

No comments: