Thursday, October 18, 2007

I tried disciplining my 2 year old godchild. Oh, I didn't spank him. I think hitting a child is the worst thing in the world, unfortunately, his parents seem to think otherwise. Anyway, so I tried the firm voice thing. No good, the only voice he's scared of is my father(come to think of it, all of my smaller cousins and relatives seem to be afraid of him. too bad, I haven't learned his technique... yet.). I tried showing him the the mess and telling him in a firmer voice to pick it up. Still no good. SO I used the stand-in-the-corner method. It seems to work but I think he thought it was a new game we were playing, too bad. Soon enough he started crying and calling for his mother. Yeah whatever, firm and strong discipline. No good. I returned him to the scene of the crime(the mess he made), still crying and not listening to my pleas but finally he did. Good kid but he still didn't stop crying. I just know he is going to hate me for that episode. Heh!

No comments: