Saturday, September 01, 2007

You Are 96% Feminist

You are a total feminist. This doesn't mean you're a man hater (in fact, you may be a man).
You just think that men and women should be treated equally. It's a simple idea but is somehow too complicated for the world to put into action.
Are You a Feminist?

-----
What do you do when you feel like you're outgrowing your old friends? Do you become some kind of preacher and tell them that the things they believe in are wrong? How can you teach something to them without losing their friendship? I guess, if the thing to be learned is easy, it's okay but what if it is something more serious? And what do you do if they think you're just joking? Example, I always say to my friends that in the LRT(anywhere and in any situation actually) there are only two kinds of passengers(people) able and unable(elderly, disabled, pregnant and, obviously sick) but they seem to think I'm just joking and seem to think I'm going bonkers again.

Related to this, I hate that the LRT management allows female passengers have first dibs on seats(of an empty train). It'd be alright if they have stored value tickets but no, even those who buy single ride tickets can avail of this advantage. As if they pay double the amount we pay! And the argument that female have a disadvantage because they're physically weaker than males is just wrong. I'm physically weaker than most males(due to my small build) but I manage to get a seat most of the time, it's not brawn, it's brains!

Then again most male passengers have the wrong attitude also. They give their seats to female passengers for no apparent reason except maybe chivalry. Pfft! I actually took advantage of this. Last night, I was riding the LRT with a female friend. She gets off at Doroteo Jose Station. One station before that(Carriedo), a seat became available. Usually, I'd take the seat(since my friend is getting off anyway) but a man was standing in front of it and seems to be offering it to my friend. Cunningly, I let her have the seat to avoid any conflict(hey, I'll even appear like a gentleman, hah!). At the next station, she stands up and I take the seat before the man recovers his senses(and inside, I was laughing). A previous incident with the same female friend is even funnier. A man offered his seat(he stood up) to my friend. Instead of sitting down, she gave it to me and I took it(she's getting off at the next station). We ended up clutching our stomachs and biting our lips. We couldn't bear to look at the man's face, I just sensed that he moved to another part of the train, far away from the two of us. Hah!

No comments: