Sunday, March 15, 2009

Eight more days in San Juan, Batangas left. Two of those days will be spent relaxing in a beach in Hugom (the barangay after Laiya Aplaiya).

And I got into UP Med! Woooh! I guess the red note complaining about their rotten system didn't ruin my chances of getting in. Unfortunately, only five other PH batchmates got into UPCM. Compared to the 12 PH students accepted last year this sucks but compared to the  1-2 average pre-university, it's good.

What more is that I don't have any close friends who got into UPCM. I should just view this as a chance to form new bonds and look for more close friends. I'm in going to med school and I still worry about interacting with other people and finding friends. Really...

In retrospect, I find my interview answers laughable. I could have answered poor access to healthcare and weak health education and promotion programs. I could have answered Immanuel Kant who has changed my thought process in so many ways. I could have explained how hard being Agnostic is. I could have told about how I've been helping out in my grandfather's clinic since elementary. I could have explained how much public health means to me. I could have told how I find epidemiology a very interesting field of study.

I find it hard to believe that our top two girls weren't accepted. One cried during the interview but I don't think that's reason enough to not accept her. She is very capable and very responsible; it's just that one topic is very close to her heart and she still hasn't fully recovered from it. Like how I remember my grandmother's death and how unreactive I've been to the news.

Community life is fun. I wish the internship would be longer since I know I haven't made contact with as many people as I'd like. In addition, we could still do more to ensure the sustainability of our program. I don't trust the CHDP enough to continue on with our program. I do hope that the barangay comply with the MOA. Maybe if we set schedules, it'll be better.

Looking at our programs, we seem to be failing in meeting all of our objectives. Not all BHWs attended the seminar and not all BHWs passed our test. We need to do extra work because of the ladder-type objectives we have. And I have to do so many things before this day ends: design and finish a poster and a flyer, create a minus one version of two songs, finish the written test and design an evaluation tool. Fortunately, I'm not the head organizer for this component of the program; if I am, I'd go crazy. One program is enough thank you very much.

No comments: