Sunday, September 07, 2008

Photobucket

Finally the PHAC production is over. Now we can return to our "normal" lives.

And yes, the backdrop rocks.
----
UP Pep Squad won the cheerdance competition. I saw the routine. Very unique but I saw a bunch of mistakes.

---
Tiya Dely(Fidela Magpayo) died last week. In case you don't know her, she is this very big radio host. She was a radio host till the very end. I last listened to her when she was 77 and I was 10.

For the younger crowd, she is so big even the leader of the communist party of the Philippines says he will miss Tiya Dely.

Actually, I thought she was already dead when I started high school. I even thought a voice talent was hosting her show when I caught it right around the time I started college(It wasn't really impossible, during her peak localized[ie in the native language like Bicolano or Bisaya] versions of her show was broadcast in different provinces using voice talents.)

Another famous cultural icon just died recently(last month), Lucrecia Kasilag. She is one of the pioneers of the Bayanihan Dance Company.

Photobucket

No comments: