Saturday, August 09, 2008

Photobucket
peace

Life is returning to normal. Batch conflicts and issues are resolved though the scars of conflict still remain. People are starting to realize that despite the sparks and outbursts, we still and need to care for each other. My life remains conflict-free. I have long ago let go of the bias I felt for certain people though there a some out there I wouldn't want to work with.

Special studies or thesis groupings will be released next week. I can't wait to start our research. I want to experience high loads of stress again. And then there is that group dynamics thing to worry about.

-----
A demonstration was held near our college building last month.(No photos, I didn't have my cam that day.) I saw an old HS classmate and asked her about stuff and what was the purpose of the rally. Surprisingly, it was not only in UP Manila do organizations feel the "repression." It was actually quite worse in the other campuses. UPLB still doesn't have its own University Student Council. Also many organizations are not being acknowledged due to illogical reasons like Fraternities are discriminating against females so they shouldn't exist or religious gatherings are wrong because UP is non-sectarian. FTW?! UPD organizations are being asked to pay exorbitant fees in order to use rooms and facilities. They also have to experience very strict and time-consuming procedures in order to get accredited or have activities approved.

What happened to UP trying to produce human, humane and humanistic graduates? I don't know. On the other hand, students really are trying the admins patience by charging their laptops, psps and whatnots in university facilities. Tambayans are turning into student lounges instead of being used as areas for productive work.

Still, I agree that UP charges too much for students to use facilities(the room rental for one hour is almost equivalent or greater than our electricity bill). If my org was asked to pay for the room we use for practice, we'd have disbanded a long time ago or would be practicing in the Paz Mendoza parking lot.

----
I finally learned what to call the Abu Sayyaf scarf that's becoming a fashion trend: keffiyeh or shemagh. A friend thought it was called a pashmina. Hah! Hiphop be's and wannabe's wearing a pashmina. Lolz. Anyway, I think this trend is harmless but people really look stupid when they go to malls wearing this, a sando, shorts and slippers. We get it you want to keep warm with your oh-so-fashionable shemagh but you could have achieved the same effect by wearing a really nice scarf or jacket and real clothes not underwear.

No comments: