Sunday, July 27, 2008

Photobucket
Pharm, a turo-turo
(in reference to the College of Pharmacy building in front of it)


I had a minor spat with my mom yesterday. I was in a bad mood due to some stupid thing I did(yes, I've been doing loads of stupid stuff these days). I was also forced to miss dance class in order go to mass. And, I didn't get to spend the afternoon with my nephew. And I they interrupted my nap. And it was super gloomy. So, I was in a really bad mood. I was frowning and being sarcastic and nasty like a spoiled brat(which I am sometimes). Naturally, I vented my anger towards those around me, who, unfortunately, are my parents.

My mom, who doesn't know how to handle teenagers despite living with one for almost ten years, started complaining and scolding me. I really wanted to say to her that shopping for appliances don't count as bonding. Attending mass is not bonding and I hate going to mass. I do not need to hear more lectures about how the Bible says this therefore you must do this or you won't go to heaven. And, that I really wanted to go to dance class because the teacher is a really great dancer but I instead chose to spend some time with you. But, I just kept quiet.

Well, she used the silent treatment on me and I used the quiet-and-then-hold-hands-as-a-sign-of-apology-but-not-really-saying-I'm-sorry method because I still have my pride and the blame is not 100% on me. It worked and we had a nice dinner afterward.

Why am I sharing this? I'm procrastinating since I don't want to study yet.

-----
The sermon of the priest was interesting. He is a good speaker but I completely disagree with him. You don't need to go to heaven. You shouldn't even think about that. What you should think about is how to make this Earth we a have a paradise.

In addition, Your God said to think about others and not yourself yet the priests preach about how you should think about how you can get to heaven? Shouldn't you be thinking about ways to help people get to heaven instead? Praying doesn't count. The assumption is there is indeed a heaven.

No comments: