Sunday, December 02, 2007

My grandfather has learned of my plan to take a one-year break before going to med school. As expected, he isn't such a big fan of my idea. It is a good thing that I have a good boy rep in my family such that the talk didn't need to go to raised voices or threats. Unfortunately, due to my good boy rep the only thing I managed to do was keep quiet and say "opo" occasionally. Then again, it might be a good thing because he thinks I will go straight to med school. Na-ah. I'll only go straight to med school if I don't encounter job opportunities especially if it is in NIH, FNRI or Trop Med. I shouldn't worry much because I still have one year to search for those opportunities and, hopefully, one of my teachers in CPH will know about a program or something that I could join. And when the time comes that they learn about my real plans, I hope they accept it and trust that I will still go to med(unlike my aunt) and understand that I have my own reasons for doing those things(mainly, because I fear that I'll burn out or worse, get bored in Med especially after experiencing how classes are conducted by UPCM teachers).

No comments: