Wednesday, December 26, 2007

26 December

2 more nights and I'm 19. One step closer to being an independent adult. By independent, meaning closing off all contact with most of my relatives. Right. That'll happen. It's so like Christmas to make me wish I'm rich and do not have to live off my parents' income.

-----
I cooked our Noche Buena. Yey for me. Hopefully, by next year I'll learn how to cook rice properly. How was my cooking? Good. We didn't get food poisoning so I managed to kill the pathogenic bacteria. The chicken is one step closer to the taste of Max's roast chicken. The pasta is becoming tastier, thanks to the dried herbs. I still do not have the equipment to make dessert so we had to buy tiramisu from Red Ribbon.

The tiramisu is good but they should have a warning on it. I think they used a bit more alcohol than usual and I doubt it'll be good for the kiddies and the hypersensitive like me. Fortunately, I didn't experience any allergic reactions and my cousin is asthmatic so he wasn't able to eat any not because of the alcohol but due to the chocolate. My brother is another matter, but do I really care what happens to him? = p

-----
Saw a blog post on public health lectures conducted by UPCM students during their rotations. Ugh... that's one more thing I won't be looking forward to in med school(in UP). I wonder if those are really effective? One of the blog post seem to mention it's capabilities. A study is needed not just only to measure its effectiveness and learn about its real effect on patients but also to learn how to better conduct it.

No comments: