Tuesday, May 20, 2008

I just had my wisdom tooth extracted; the one in the lower left to be exact. I feel a numbness in the operated area. The procedure was bloody, short and a bit painful. I was very lucky to be one of those individuals who manage to still feel pain after application of anesthesia. I really shouldn't complain because with the excess anesthesia came a longer time of numbness that blocked the pain I should feel after an operation. Nevertheless, it was painful. I actually shed two tear drops during the procedure. Yes, I'm a wuss.

My tooth didn't want to come out in a single piece so my dentist had to separate it into three pieces. Contrary to the belief of some, the chance of the tooth to come out in one whole piece is not directly related to the skill of the dentist. It is more related to how the tooth grew into its current position and how firm is it planted into the bone.

In case anybody is wondering, I had my operation in the PGH-OPD Dentistry department. The procedure(odondectomy) costs around Php6000/tooth for normal patients and Php3000/tooth for UP students and employees plus the cost of equipment and medicines. Mine cost lower the Php3000 due to the kindness of my dentist. So, what should I give my dentist as a sign of gratitude?

No comments: