Wednesday, April 09, 2008

I made a blog in Wordpress.com. No, it is not for me, it is for my college organization. SO what do I think about wordpress? I love it! The ease of making categories, tags and multiple authors! Since, we plan to have all the output of the org members in one site, organization seems to be the biggest problem. It can be done in blogger but it'll involve encoding stuff, stuff that I do not know how to do yet. HTML and CSS with a sprinkling of Javascript might not be the best way to organize the blog we plan to have. Tags wouldn't be practical unless we are willing to waste valuable space with tons of tags after posts. And, based from experience, blogs in wordpress are much "cleaner" than those under other hosts(or, maybe it's just blogger?). Yay Wordpress!

But more importantly, I am not moving. I really love how much freedom one can get in Blogger. This my problem with wordpress.com. I can't make my own template. I can modify the CSS but I really like making stuff with HTML. And, I do not have problems with organization since nobody reads this and, if ever one would want to read my past works, they could just browse through my archives and tags.

It was a good thing I made that blog because the other members planned to make a blog in multiply. Waddaf*ck! Multiply sucks! What serious blogger uses multiply? It limits how much you could modify the site like wordpress but doesn't offer any organization options. The only positive side is the networking and feeds but that could easily be overcome with RSS and site subscriptions. And I really hate how multiply blog pages look. Then again, it might just be that I really really hate Multiply.

No comments: