Thursday, April 26, 2012

As my feed gets flooded with status and pictures of classmates taking their electives, I feel a bit jealous.

Not that I regret my choice of working as a research assistant this summer. I get to do something that I like and get paid at the same time. More importantly, I get to experience how social research is done in our local setting. Something I will not experience even with the very liberal UPCM curriculum. As I was talking to my friend about how I'm like a call center agent for the past days, she thought I'm hating it. But I'm not. Even though it's grunt work, what I'm doing is my preparation for when I head my own research projects.

And I could always go abroad for a real vacation.

But I would hate myself if I don't get to go to the beach this summer.

No comments: