Friday, October 14, 2011

Gah! This is not a good day. Survey woes... I'll just have to assess and plan on Monday.

---
I'm itching to do procedures yet I really won't need any of those skills in the future. I guess it's just that desire to prove myself. I should really get my priorities straightened out.

---
Really, why this urge when I know that I'll be suffering through those very procedures next year?

---
And that my friends is called rationalization.

---
Everyone is talking about their summer electives. I've long given up hope on finding a really good research elective abroad so it's PGH for me. I've decided that an RA position looks better on the CV. There will be much more learning and best of all, I get paid. Still, I must brace myself for the deluge of elective-related fb posts and pictures this coming summer and the jealousy I will probably feel. Money money money sounds like a good chant.

---
I resolve to discuss salary with my future boss. Getting the minimum wage is not fair given what I can now offer.

---
Insults and snark comments. I guess it's better that I take it all instead of some poor sap. It's better for the group dynamics. And other blocks wonder why we function so well. I do fear that one day I'll explode and utterly destroy someone.

No comments: