Tuesday, November 03, 2009

My parents "accidentally" printed a whole CD of pictures... bad pictures... bad pictures taken by my brother. Think how much that cost! Money wasted just because they can't follow my very simple and clear instructions. Now whenever I look at our pictures from japan, I'll remember this shitload of a mess. I feel angry again.

On the other hand, I finally found evidence that foodies and people at the cooking network are full of BS regarding food. Buy local! Buy freaking local! Like that'll save the world. I was always wondering how efficient it is to transport one crate of tomatoes over a few miles versus a thousand crates over thousands of miles. And shudder at how they romanticize the life of farmers, they should really try going to developing countries and ask farmers how "wonderful" their lives are. NGC also has fault with their food lovers guide to the world series by trying to promote the organic and local only movements. Blegh... ideology over reason. People being brainwashed to buy goods grown the natural way and shunning over processed foods. For that matter, what is the meaning of over processed? Of course, in the environmental sense, consuming foods with less carbon input is indeed better but you have to look at the whole picture. Maybe freezing foods or turning them into long shelf life forms are more efficient than selling them in their original state. Maybe country X needs this fruit grown in country Y. So I'm ranting... I also feel that the local foods only movement is a way of oppressing the agricultural countries whose economies rely on a strong international market.

No comments: