Sunday, November 29, 2009

low grades... ugh...

Hell of a non-academic kind. On Wednesday, I have to teleport from UPCM to my home for an online meeting. Of course, I wouldn't be having this kind of problem if upmnet will be allowing Skype.

Friday will be the most horrifying day where I have to rehearse at 12AM, trans for the morning lecture and then perform three times (2 dances and 1 song) then on Saturday I have to go teach my chem tutee in order to have money to spend for the Christmas celebrations. Then I have to study for two exams the following week.

And something important will probably pop up and I'll even have more stuff to cram into my self.

Have I mentioned I already lost the weight I gained last sembreak? I already see my too prominent cheekbones making me look more skull like than ever.

Through all this personal mess, I find myself less attached to social issues such as the Maguindanao massacre, injustice to the LGBT community and the presidential race.

And I've just heard a retired professor on a religious radio talk show (not that the nature of the program is to blame... or maybe it is?) about how climate change is caused by water vapor, changes in sun radiation and other non-carbon factors. Really irresponsible and unethical for that professor. You've not been teaching for 9 years and probably hasn't kept with the times (or you follow some dubious sources). Regarding fields where you are not or no longer an expert, please shut up or provide a disclaimer at the very least. Last thing the Philippines need is the emergence of a climate change skeptic community. Fortunately, we are at the mercy of climate change and the skeptics would really have a hard time convincing people not to worry and just accept what is happening.

No comments: