Friday, August 28, 2009

Two modules left for the first semester and I'm already sick of learning about the human body. So far, I have yet to find proof that one needs to be a doctor to be qualified as a secretary of health or a health administrator. Why would you even need knowing which parts are destroyed during surgery if you won't be performing that any time soon or in the future after internship? I'm still dead set on what Dr. Galvez-Tan calls "the path less travelled." For me it is public health work focusing on ensuring health equity through efficient systems and maybe, quality of health human resources. Or if I find some opportunity, establishing good patient databases and registries which would increase the rate of research in the Philippines.

What I think I should learn more is how to communicate in English. Articulate my thoughts fast enough that I can form them into coherent paragraphs, orally that is. And maybe a new computer language or how to design and create an online and/or digital database.

I was happy to learn that there are faster ways of getting into health organizations (not hospitals... duh!) rather than working through a residency program.

No comments: