Sunday, August 16, 2009

I finally landed my first tutor job but I had to give it up. With the demands of med school and my inability to let go of extra-curricular activities, I just had to. It seems that I'll still be mooching off my parents and plans for buying a news lens or an analog camera by Christmas would not be happening.

---
Yesterday instead of studying for the big test on Monday, I attended a day long seminar-workshop on health. I ended up as a participant instead of a facilitator but whatever. It was painful to have a group discussion which you could have easily dominated. We didn't use meta-cards so it was much harder to extract ideas from the other participants. However, I am happy to see some people now know about the intricacies of health and the Philippine Health system. I'm sad though that they're pessimistic about health system reform... disempowered seems to be a good word.

I have a busy week ahead and I have to work more to pull up my grades. They're not very pleasing.

No comments: