Saturday, February 21, 2009

walking away
I'm back from my 1st week in San Juan, Batangas. The week was hectic but passed by quickly. Met loads of people who are all very nice. I still feel a bit lost what our project for the community will be. The fact that there are very few major problems in the community that can be solved in 6 weeks is not helping. It is helpful that the BHWs are very motivated, the midwife is very dedicated and they have UPDATED HEALTH STATISTICS! OMG! A public health person's dream! Of course, we now have the issue of what to leave for the next batch of students who will be doing their field work in our barangay.
road
Just so you know, in San Juan, I reside in a 2-storey wood-cement house and have to pump water from the artesian well every time I use the bathroom. Privacy in the bathroom and bedrooms is protected by curtains.
We also have a flea and tick ridden dog.

No comments: