Friday, June 01, 2007

What would you want to become? A cyborg or a genetically-enhanced human being?
Cyborgs would be born humans and then have machine implants to gain superhuman abilities while genetically-enhanced human beings would be as the name states genetically enhanced to achieve superhuman abilities. Two methods, same ends. For me, I'd rather be a genetically-enhanced human being rather than a cyborg as I really like full control and feel of my body rather than partial control. I doubt that we'd ever develop technology that could mimic the sense of touch and fine control. Of course, cyborgs would probably have a better chance at immortality than g-e hb's but who said you can't become both?

Info on how scientists are tackling the "Coordinator"(Gundam Seed) plan to human improvement? Read this.

I haven't found an article related to cyborgs but I have seen in National Geographic a show about the first human cyborg. No not the Terminator looking one, he just has this optical fiber implanted in to his arm and a chip I think which enables him to control computers from far far away.

No comments: