Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Maybe after finishing the Dune Series and the Harry Potter series, I should start tackling Tolkien. Yes, I already know the main story( the good guys win, bad guy/s lose) but I am intrigued by the series because of the number of Tolkien fanatics out there. Hey! These curiosity is what led to my being a WoT and Dune fan(not yet a fanatic; when you see me cosplaying as a Mydraal or a Suk Doctor, I'll be a fanatic) Besides, the last book for the Wheel of Time is set to be at the shelves by 2008. Assuming of course that I do not get buried under textbooks in the coming academic year, I need to find another series to read. Or maybe I should start reading General Fiction again. Those best-selling novels are tempting me with their very beautiful book covers. I know I shouldn't judge a book by its cover but if that were always the case, making cover art wouldn't become such a nice business. Neil Gaiman seems nice but his books are too expensive. Compare the near 1000 leaves of a Wheel of Time book to his novel with 300 leaves and the Gaiman book manages to be more expensive. Normally, I would dismiss Gaiman and call him an overrated author but I have read one of his "kiddie" books and it was great! But I shouldn't be thinking about these books right now because I still do not know how I would manage to buy the needed textbooks for the next semester. This semester will be learning things we'd actually apply in our lives(as public health workers)!

-------
Sabi ko sa inyo para akong babae kapag nag-e-english eh! Naisip ko lang kasi na kung gusto ko magkaroon ng mga mambabasa kailangan ko na uli mag-blog gamit ang wikang Ingles. Hindi ko naman gusto ng mga fans o kung anu man. Gusto ko lang na may maka-diskusyon ako paminsan-minsan. Weird! Eh kapag nasa mga ORPG nga ako ay ang taray-taray ko tapos ngayon gusto ko ng kausap. Hehehe.

------
New links and blogs! Visit them! I recommend Dream Anatomy in the links section and Science blogs in the blogs section. And no, it's not just about science. If you like reading about the Creationism controversy, this would be a good place to be and if you know nothing about it, it would be a good place to start. On second thought, the Simpsons would be a better one(start with the Angel discovery then to the Ban on Evolution). Seriously though, Creationists need to have their heads whacked a bit with a hardbound copy of the Bible.

------
I've learned about RSS yesterday. You should try it! Click here to learn more. After you set-up your reader, try subscribing to my blog. Heh. Shameless promotion! Most of the blogs in blogger do not show their subscribe buttons/links but could be easily fixed by typing in the adress box: + feeds/posts/default. ex. http://purpolkurtina.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default. That will lead to the subscription set-up page.

No comments: