Wednesday, December 07, 2005

here's the review...warning...

I have decided to NOT post my kom2 assignment. It was too crappy even for this blog. So where's the review then? I do not feel like doing it but I find it harder to keep insights bottled up. This post might have no coherence if I continue but what the heck.

I really like Pagdadalaga(blossoming). It ranks high in my favorite movies along with those children movies I saw as a kid(which I do not plan to watch again in case I find it corny), Crying Ladies and I am Sam. This movie is something and it's not just about the homosexuality that makes it special. The homosexuality is just the base actually what makes it good is something I find putting into words even using Filipino really hard to do. It's such a "natural" and nice movie. It may be kinda feel-good but compared with the other mainstream Filipino movies showing like Mulawin(the horror! the horror!) and Hari ng Sablay(ewww...). It's a love story but different. It's a growing up movie but much more than that. Actually, I tried to be objective about it and even tried viewing it through the eyes of a homophobe or in other words walking feces. The only thing that will cause you to dislike it is if you are against people being people.

Timeless quotes will be stuck in my mind like "Love is uhm...ah...er.." and "Marami ngang masasamang tao sa mundo pero isa lang ang tatay ko." And those moments, the whistling scene, the where in Maxi made an inside joke "Panget hindi sila nagkatuluyan." And that song! That song! Got to make livewire work! There are so many good things in this movie that it'll spoil your fun if I continue on but I think I will. Some scenes are so fun, what is love according to a adolescent gay kid? I heard "he" has a blog, hmmm... One thing also, those hugs(and there's plenty of them) and "intimate moments" did not cause viewers to stir. Such power that the dirty-minded became wholesome.

Argh... no coherence! no coherence at all! stop right now! GO WATCH THE MOVIE! SAVE THE RAINFOREST! PUBLIC HEALTH YEH! I LOVE CHEMISTRY!

huh... watch it!

************************
In order for those who read this blog to have a much easier time, I have altered the colors. Apologies to those who had a hard time browsing through it. heh. hope you like the "new" colors.

No comments: